Our Commitment to Privacy
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, posting information or requesting further services via email. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
The Way We Use Information
- We provide an option for sellers to place restrictions on an individual client basis for viewing sensitive information pertaining to a particular business.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- You can register with our website if you would like to receive information as well as updates on our new services.
- Under all circumstances your email address will always remain private and will not be sold or supplied to any third party vendors.
IP Addresses and Cookies
- We do not collect information about your computer such as your IP address, operating system, or browser type. We do not collect data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
- We do store cookies to identify your login details. However, you may refuse to accept cookies by activating that setting on your browser.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service or any general information with regards to our company.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can unsubscribe explicitly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your email address from our mailing lists.
We request information from you when you fill out our form. You must provide your name, address, phone number and a valid email address so that you can receive inquiries to your posting.
We also collect information regarding the details of your business for sale. All of the information will be publicly disclosed. The exception is your business address and income statement, which you choose to disclose on a client-by-client basis or for any user. Your email address and password will always remain confidential.
The public information regarding your business for sale is made available through our searchable databases on BizBuyLink.
Replying to a Client
When you reply to any of the postings on the BizBuyLink Messages panel, your reply is sent through our servers to the intended party. We do not disclose to any outside party, any of the information submitted in the reply form.
If you send an email to BizBuyLink, we use your return email address to answer your inquiry or comment. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. On rare occasions, if ever, we may send registered users an email announcement regarding a change in our service that affects their use of it.
We may disclose and use personally identifiable information in special circumstances when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law or court order, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property, or safety of BizBuyLink, our users, or others.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to reasonably safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Access to our users' information is restricted to authorized employees only who need the information to perform a specific job. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
We also do everything in our power to protect user-information in-house. Access to our users\' information is restricted to only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative). Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
BizBuyLink believes that protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. No part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13, and BizBuyLink never collects or maintains information at our website from those we know are under 13.
How to Access or Correct Your Information
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information in the Manage Account panel.
You can access any information in your listing(s) by going to the Sellers panel. Click the Edit icon associated with the listing and make your desired changes.
If you select the option to edit your posting, the changes will be immediate. Deleted or modified information may continue to be stored by BizBuyLink for archival record-keeping purposes only.
How to Contact Us